Hiking tour Marumbi
The Marumbi State Park is the favourite place of nature lovers in all of Curitiba´s surroundings. In the train ride you will already get an idea of how interesting the forest is in this area. You will be in the middle of the Atlantic Rain Forest with its great diversity. You will take the train to get off at the Marumbi Station. From here you will enjoy a guided hiking tour to Rochedinho Hill or Marumbistas Waterfall. Your local guide is quite experienced in the area and will show you great spots and will explain to you the importance of this forest. The return to Curitiba will be also by train.
Difficulty level: this tour was planned for people in good physical conditions and used to activities in mountains.
Please bring your own lunch and water with you.
8:15 - Train ride from Curitiba to Morretes
10:30 - Arrival at Marumbi Station
10:40 - Inscription at the visitors centre
11:15 - 15:00 - Guided hiking tour to Rochedinho Hill or Marumbistas Waterfall
15:45 - Train from Marumbi to Curiitba
18:00 - Arrival in Curitiba and end of the tour
** On Sunday, the train leaves Morretes one hour later and the train arrives in Curitiba at 19:00 **
What the tour includes: train ticket Curitiba - Marumbi Station - Curitiba, local Portuguese speaking guide. English speaking guide can be confirmed with an extra fee of R$ 215 to be divided among the participants.
Not included: food, beverages, tips, personal expenses, etc.
What to bring:
- Lunch package according to your preferences and enough water
- Light clothes and a jacket in case it gets colder
- Rain jacket
- Confortable hiking shoes
- Insect repellent and sun protection
- Bathing suit and towel
- Camera with extra batteries
- Some cash
For your own safety, please pay attention to and follow all the instructions of the local guide. He is a trained professional and knows the region very well and is able to prevent potentially dangerous situations.
There might be delays due to technical reasons.
This activity is not reccommended for children younger than 12 years old.
IMPORTANT! Children should bring their documents with them. In case they are not travelling with their parents, a written authorisation of the parents is mandatory.
According to Brazilian Law (Deliberação Normativa número 161 de 09/08/1985 – EMBRATUR):
- Up to 30 days prior to reserved services: 10% of the daily rate will be charged
- Between 29 and 21 days prior to reserved services: 20% of the daily rate will be charged
- Between 20 and 10 days prior to reserved services: 50% of the daily rate will be charged
- Between 9 and 3 days prior to reserved services: 80% of the daily rate will be charged
- Between 2 days and the day of arrival or in case of no-show: 100% of the daily rate will be charged
Book for more than 15 people, contact us directly
Your train tickets will be left in your name in the train station (Av. Affonso Camargo, inside BWT Operadora office) and can be picked up until 8 am on the departure day. Your guide will be awaiting your arrival at Marumbi Station. We reccommend to arrive until 7:45, as the departure times can be very busy.