If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
Train ticket for the budget traveller – but railroad lover:
- Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world on board of the tourist category! This option includes only the train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes and back in the most booked category: the tourist one. You will get information of a tour guide in Portuguese, snack and one water or soda included.
- The train departs at 8:15. It takes about 4:15 between Curitiba and Morretes. It will depart from Morretes at 15:00 and arrive in Curitiba at 19:30.
- Book ahead and get your ticket at the train station in the tour date! Easy, comfortable and safe!
- Visit the lovely town of Morretes by your own. The name comes from the fact that it is surrounded by hills (morros in Portuguese). We suggest a stroll in the downtown area. Look for a restaurant facing the beautiful Nhundiaquara river. We reccomend to taste the local specialty “barrreado”. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. There are several restaurants in the town that also have food for vegans, vegetarians or celiac.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the tourist category:
- This category has currently 22 cars. Most of them with 48 cushioned seats each and an aisle in the middle. The cars have a toilet.
- The railtour includes a specialized guide (Portuguese speaking) that tells the history and curiosities about the region and the railway.
- The onboard service includes a snack and one water or soda per person. Once during the trip other beverages are offered for purchasing, but in warmer days it might not be enought. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages, as long they fit a small backpack.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to choose the seats. They are numbered sequentially and you will see your seat numbers in your ticket.
Book this tour and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
Train station in Curitiba.
Train ticket in the Tourist car from Curitiba to Morretes and back
Seats are numbered and booked sequentially. It is not possible to choose them.
Departure from Curitiba at 8:15 to Morretes. Arrival about 12:30.
Departure from Morretes at 15:00 to Curitiba. Arrival about 19:30.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure at the rail station.
Included services: train ticket in the tourist category Curitiba / Morretes / Curitiba with board service (snack ando ne water or soda) and Portuguese speaking guide.
Not included: transport to the rail station, lunch, and other expenses.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that everybody (also children), bring their original documents. In case of children travelling without the parents, official authorization must be shown.
Until 5 years old: R$ 30 (without seat in the train and in the mini-bus)
6 to 12 years old: R$ 184
The price informed automatically corresponds to the one for children between 6 and 12 years old. If you travel with younger children, please inform it in the field “Special request” and we will adjust it manually before charging your credit card.
The transportation from your address to Serra Verde Express and back is not included in the ticket price. There are parking lots at the rail station, taxis and buses.
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1