We are your local connection in Curitiba and its surroundings!
Special Paraná is a tourism company directed by professionals with loads of experience in tourism in Brazil, Latin America and Europe. Our goal is to show you the best spots in our region, surprising you with nature and culture in this hidden gem. And the most important thing: we love where we live and work and are eager to show you the best of our region.
Due to our deep local knowledge and our service, we are reccommended by Rough Guides.
Our office is located downtown, so that when you are in Curitiba, you can drop by for a coffee and have a chat with us. We also run the portals for Ilha do Mel/Paranaguá, Morretes & Antonina and Superagüi & Guaraquecaba. Just contact us if you need further information.
Who we are
Bibiana Antoniacomi – Director
Bibiana was born in Curitiba and lived in Caracas/Venezuela as an exchange student in 1993/1994, graduated in Tourism at Universidade Federal do Paraná in 1997 and specialized in Tourism Management at ESADE in Barcelona/Spain.
While studying, she worked in an advertising agency, as an events hostess and afterwards in marketing in a local hotel chain. After Spain, she lived in Germany for over 7 years, working in hotels, incoming agencies and for a specialized tour operator, organizing tours for individuals, groups and incentive trips. But she wanted to come back to Curitiba for a while. In the beginning of 2007 it was so far! Since then she has managed her company and enjoys being back in her hometown. For her, Paraná is a region with many faces to be discovered over and over again. She speaks Portuguese, English, German, Spanish and French.
Luana is from Curitiba and graduate on Tourism in 2016 at UFPR and studied one year in Granada, Spain. She worked in a tourism information office as intern and found out how satisfing it is to tell about the wonderful places Curitiba has to offer. Luana is responsible the service to travel agencies, tour operators and groups and for quality control as well. Sie speaks Portuguese and Spanish and is currently improving her English skills. She was scout chief during many years. She loves to travel, visit new places and new cultures.
Lilian Carvalho Baraus
Lilian is from Curitiba as well and graduated on Tourism at PUC-PR in 2012. She spent a season in Ireland to learn English and worked 5 years at an incoming travel agency before joining our team. She knows our region very well and gets many compliments of our clients. Lilian is in charge of individual clients and small groups. She loves to read about several themes and is fascinated about history. She speaks Portuguese and is studying English to improve her language skills.
Eduardo Henrique Moscardi
Eduardo is our youngster and is currently studying Tourism at UFPR. After some time as researcher in the university, he wanted to see how it is the daily work with tourists in our destination and joined our team. Eduardo is from Paranaguá, but lives in Curitiba since 211. He helps us with clients, does the quality control and helps in the daily business. Eduardo speaks Portuguese and English.
Caroline Kwasnicki – free-lance marketing
Caroline was born in Curitiba and studied Institutional Communication at UTFPR and post-graduated on Marketing at Universidade Positivo. She worked with us during 5 years and now helps us now and then with our website and Instagram. Besides marketing, Caroline loves photography. She speaks Portuguese and English . Besides the communication area she loves photography, speaks Portuguese and English, fotographs in her spare time and loves to travel.
Besides our office team, we have guides in several languages. All guides are very good, well educated and ready to welcome you in Curitiba. Know some of them in this vídeo.
How we work and what we do for our region
- We are concerned about offering quality services and want our visitors to experience the best in our region.
- We prefer to work with locally-owned Curitiba hotels, inns and small chains.
- We recommend Curitiba restaurants that serve local dishes.
- We leave enough time in our Curitiba tours so that local handcrafts can be seen and other important aspects of the towns can be shown.
- We do not take more than 12 or 15 people on tours to nature spots (trekking, hiking, etc.).
- We choose responsible tour guides, willing to show our travellers good sights, not taking them on shopping tours. We only work with licensed guides.
- We know and support local organisations that help families improve their standard of living, taking them out of extreme poverty, helping them to get jobs and improve the education level of their children.
- We book boat rides from local fishermen and inns to motivate people to invest in their boats and safety equipment.
- Depending on the nationality of the visitors, we take them to visit settlers and their descendents that live close to the visited spots, to motivate people to keep their language and handcrafts alive.
- We pay reasonable rates and salaries, making local tourism an interesting job option and motivating people to improve themselves.
- We take part in courses and initiatives with other local incoming agencies in order to strengthen our region and to develop sustainable tourism in Paraná.
- We offer courses to our staff so that we keep improving ourselves and giving a better service to our clients.
We are very glad that you now know more about us and are looking forward to welcoming you here!
Contact us now!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1