If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
Independence for railway lovers with much style and comfort:
- Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world on board of the Deluxe Train! This option includes the return train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes and back in the deluxe category: cars Copacabana, Foz or Curitiba. You will information of a tour guide in Portuguese/English, nice snacks and beverages. The railroad is truly a travel back in time. The cars have very nice ambiance, first class onboard service and air-condition.
- The train departs at 8:15 or 9:15 (it depends on the tour date). It takes about 4:15 between Curitiba and Morretes. It starts from Morretes at 15:00 and arrives in Curitiba about 19:30.
- Know more about the history and curiosities of the area. You will have a tour guide in Portuguese/English on board, what will make your tour more interesting.
- Have time to enjoy Morretes on your own. We reccommend a stroll in the streets of this picturesque, quiet town and a regional lunch facing the Nhundiaquara river. Do not miss to taste barreado, a juicy beef stew served with cassava flour, rice and bananas.
- Book ahead and get your ticket at the train station in the tour date! Easy, comfortable and safe!
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the Deluxe Train:
- Copacabana and Foz: traditional and classy decoration for 23 persons in each car.
- Curitiba: the newest deluxe car, with clean and elegant decoration for 40 persons.
The three cars have air-condtion, first class board service (nice snacks and included beverages) and guide in Portuguese/English.
It is not possible to choose the seats. Reservations are made sequentially and the cars are used according to availabilty and technical capacity. Consult us for your tour date.
- A minimum number of 10 persons is required to confirm the train tour. In case it is cancelled due to the low demand, you will be reallocated to another category and the price difference will be refunded.
Book the train tickets with us and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
Train ticket in the Deluxe Train from Curitiba to Morretes and back to Curitiba
Seats are numbered and booked sequentially. It is not possible to choose them.
Departure at 8:15 or 9:15 (it depends on the date) to Morretes.
When leaving at 8:15, the deluxe train departs together with the regular train.
When leaving at 9:15, the deluxe train departs alone with the Standard Litorina and a stop.
Departure from Morretes at 15:00. Arrival in Curitiba about 19:30.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure at the rail station.
Included services: train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes and back in the deluxe category with board service and Portuguese/English speaking guide.
Not included: transport to the rail station, lunch and personal expenses.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that everybody (also children), bring their original documents. In case of children travelling without the parents, official authorization must be shown.
Until 5 years old: R$ 30,00 (without seat in the train and in the mini-bus)
6 to 12 years old: R$ 310 to R$ 415 (it depends on the date)
The price informed autmatically corresponds to the one for children between 6 and 12 years old. If you travel with younger children, please inform it in the field “Special request” and we will adjust it manually before charging your credit card.
The transportation from your adress to Serra Verde Express and back is not included in the ticket price. There are parking lots at the rail station, taxis and buses.
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1