If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
A tour full of comfort, style and service:
- You will be picked up from your hotel or central address and back. The van will pick you up from 7:00 am and you should be back around 5:00 pm. For some dates the tour starts and finishes one hour later.
- Experience one of the world most famous rail tours on board of the Deluxe Train! The tour includes the ticket from Morretes to Curitiba in the deluxe category. It has guide in Portuguese / English, snacks and included beverages (welcome sparkling wine, water, soda and beer). The car has WC and air-condition. Therefore, the windows do not open.
- Enjoy a regional lunch and taste “barreado” – a specialty of Paraná´s Coast. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. The meal also includes salad, fish and prawns (everything served separetely). In case you are vegetarian, vegar or celiac, please inform in your booking request.
- Visit Morretes and Antonina, two picturesque historical towns with their old houses, history and regional products (sugar cane spirit, candies and handcrafts).
- Learn about Paraná´s history during a visit to Hisgeopar, a hall where puppets show some particularities of our history from the indigenous inhabitants until the construction of Itaipu hydro power plant
- Return to Curitiba by mini-bus along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
- Know more about the history and curiosities about the visited places. The tour includes an official tour guide who speaks English/Portuguese.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the Deluxe Train:
- Copacabana and Foz: traditional and classy decoration for 23 persons in each car.
- Curitiba: the newest deluxe car, with clean and elegant decoration for 40 persons.
The three cars have air-condtion, first class board service (nice snacks and included beverages) and guide in Portuguese/English.
It is not possible to choose the seats. Reservations are made sequentially and the cars are used according to availabilty and technical capacity. Consult us for your tour date.
- A minimum number of 10 persons is required to confirm the train tour. In case it is cancelled due to the low demand, you will be reallocated to another category and the price difference will be refunded.
Book the train tickets with us and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
In some dates, the tour will start and end one hour later. These dates are more expensive, but include a stop in the middle of the rain forest, where you can get off and enjoy the views!
7:00 to 7:45 – you will be picked up by the driver at your hotel or central address.
Meet the tour guide at the rail station and get the tickets and instructions for the tour.
8:30 until about 12:30 – rail tour to Morretes. Enjoy the landscapes and board service in the Deluxe train.
Regional lunch in Morretes or Antonina and visit to these lovely small towns. Beverages and desserts during lunch are not included and will be charged separetely.
You will also visit Hisgeopar, a hall with animated puppets where the history of Paraná State is told from the indigenous people to the construction of Itaipu hydro power plant.
Return to Curitiba along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
The driver will leave you at your hotel or address again.
Included services: shared transportation in mini-bus, guide in Portuguese/English, train ticket in the category Deluxe train with board service (snacks and beverages: water, soda and beer), regional lunch and entrance fee to Hisgeopar.
Not included: beverages and dessert during lunch, gratuities, personal expenses, etc.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS: according to Brazilian Law, children and teenagers up to 16 years old need to be accompanied by a parent or a legally authorized responsible person to travel. It is mandatory for children and teenagers to presente original documents (passport or ID-card) accepted legally by Brazilian government. It will not be allowed for children to travel without full documentation. Only original documents or copies made by Brazilian authorities will be accepted.
Special prices for children:
Until 3 years old (without seat in the train and in the mini-bus): R$ 15
4 to 5 years old (without seat in the train): R$ 112 to 122 (it depends on the date)
6 to 12 years old: R$ 259 to R$ 319 (it depends on the date)
In case your hotel / adress is out of downtown area: an additional fee will be applied. Ask us.
This train category does not have space for wheel chairs.
This is a shared tour. What does it mean?
The transportation will be divided with other clients. You might pass by several hotels to pick up other travelers before the tour starts. It is not possible to inform exactly at what time the transportation will be at your hotel, so that the information at the description is “from”. Be ready at the given time to avoid delays for the group. The guide will divide his atenttion among all travellers and the group will share a table at the restaurant. The advantage of regular tours is that the costs for transportation and guide are divided and the price per person is a bit less than a private tour.
In case you prefer the exclusive service of a private tour, please contact us for a tailor-made offer.
If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team.
People who are 60 years: R$ 327 to R$ 381 (it depends on the date)
The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
This tour is done by a partner of Special Paraná.
See other tour options in Curitiba and surroundings in our website.
Book safely and be in good hands – see what our clients say about us.
Do you want to enjoy your time in Curitiba at most? Download the Curitiba Guide!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1