If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the agesin the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
A day to remember on board of the luxury category:
- You will be picked up from your hotel or central address and back. The van will pick you up from 9 to 9:30 am and you should be back around 7:30 pm.
- During the morning you will be driven by mini-bus along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
- Visit Morretes and Antonina, two picturesque historical towns with their old houses, history and regional products (sugar cane spirit, candies and handcrafts).
- Enjoy a regional lunch and taste “barreado” – a specialty of Paraná´s Coast. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. The meal also includes salad, fish and prawns (everything served separetely). In case you are vegetarian, vegar or celiac, please inform in your booking request.
- Experience one of the world most famous rail tours on board of the luxury train! The tour includes the ticket from Morretes to Curitiba in a luxury car. It has guide in Portuguese / English, snacks and included beverages (welcome sparkling wine, water, soda and beer). The car has WC and air-condition. Therefore, the windows do not open.
- Know more about the history and curiosities about the visited places. The tour includes an official tour guide who speaks English/Portuguese.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the Deluxe Train:
- Copacabana and Foz: traditional and classy decoration for 23 persons in each car.
- Curitiba: the newest deluxe car, with clean and elegant decoration for 40 persons.
The three cars have air-condtion, first class board service (nice snacks and included beverages) and guide in Portuguese/English.
It is not possible to choose the seats. Reservations are made sequentially and the cars are used according to availabilty and technical capacity. Consult us for your tour date.
- A minimum number of 10 persons is required to confirm the train tour. In case it is cancelled due to the low demand, you will be reallocated to another category and the price difference will be refunded.
Book the train tickets with us and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
9:00 to about 9:30 am: pick up at your hotel or central address.
Transfer to Antonina and Morretes by mini-bus. Usually it is done along the Graciosa Road, but in case of rain, it will be along the BR-277. Both have beautiful landscapes!
Visit to Antonina and Morretes, two nice historical small towns.
Typical regional lunch (beverages and desserts will be charged extra).
In the afternoon board the Luxury train to return to Curitiba. Arrival about 7:30 pm. The guide on board speaks Portuguese and English and the car has air-condition. Snacks and beverages are included (welcome sparkling wine, water, soda and beer).
The seats are numbered and booked previously sequentially.
Included services: shared transportation by mini-bus starting from your hotel or central adress, tour guide during the complete tour (English/Portuguese), typical regional lunch and train ticket in the luxury category.
Not included: beverages and dessert during lunch, personal expenses, gratuities, etc. .
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
Children between 0 and 3 years: BRL 15 (no seat in the train and in the van)
Children between 4 and 5 years: from BRL 122 (no seat in the train)
Children between 6 and 12 years: from BRL 250
CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS: according to Brazilian Law, children and teenagers up to 16 years old need to be accompanied by a parent or a legally authorized responsible person to travel. It is mandatory for children and teenagers to presente original documents (passport or ID-card) accepted legally by Brazilian government. It will not be allowed for children to travel without full documentation. Only original documents or copies made by Brazilian authorities will be accepted.
In case your hotel / adress is out of downtown area: an additional fee will be applied. Ask us.
This is a shared tour. What does it mean?
The transportation will be divided with other clients. You might pass by several hotels to pick up other travelers before the tour starts. It is not possible to inform exactly at what time the transportation will be at your hotel, so that the information at the description is “from”. Be ready at the given time to avoid delays for the group. The guide will divide his atenttion among all travellers and the group will share a table at the restaurant. The advantage of regular tours is that the costs for transportation and guide are divided and the price per person is a bit less than a private tour.
In case you prefer the exclusive service of a private tour, please contact us for a tailor-made offer.
If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the agesin the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team.
People who are 60 years or older: R$ 315,00
The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
This tour is done by a partner of Special Paraná.
The tour is called “sunset”, but we can not guarantee you will watch it during the tour, especially during daylight saving time.
Do you want to enjoy your time in Curitiba at most? Download the Curitiba Guide!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1