If you are 60 years or older, student or are travelling with children, inform us the ages and your student status in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
A tour for independent travellers:
- Get the van at 9:30 at the rail station in Curitiba and arrive in Morretes about 11:00.
- Visit the lovely town of Morretes by your own. The name comes from the fact that it is surrounded by hills (morros in Portuguese). We suggest a stroll in the downtown area. Look for a restaurant facing the beautiful Nhundiaquara river. We reccomend to taste the local specialty “barrreado”. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. There are several restaurants in the town that also have food for vegans, vegetarians or celiac.
- In the afternoon, experience one of the world most famous rail tours in its most popular version! The tour includes the ticket from Morretes to Curitiba in tourist category! It has guide in Portuguese and includes a snack and one water or soda per person. The windows may be open.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the tourist category:
- This category has currently 22 cars. Most of them with 48 cushioned seats each and an aisle in the middle. The cars have a toilet.
- The railtour includes a specialized guide (Portuguese speaking) that tells the history and curiosities about the region and the railway.
- The onboard service includes a snack and one water or soda per person. Once during the trip other beverages are offered for purchasing, but in warmer days it might not be enought. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages, as long they fit a small backpack.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to choose the seats. They are numbered sequentially and you will see your seat numbers in your ticket.
Book this tour and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
**Due to light conditions, we recommend this tour from November to March, months with special summer time**
9:15 – Arrive at the rail station and present yourself at Serra Verde Express office.
9:30 – Departure of the van from Curitiba to Morretes. If it is not raining, the way will be along the Graciosa Road. If it rains, it will be along the BR-277. Both are very beautiful!
Time to visit Morretes by your own.
14:30 – Get to the rail station in Morretes and board the train.
15:00 – Departure from Morretes with estimated arrival at 19:30 in Curitiba.
Included services: shared transportation from Curitiba to Morretes by van or mini-bus; train ticket in the tourist category, snack and 1 water or soda.
Not included: transportation to and from the rail station, lunch, gratuities, personal expenses, etc.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that everybody (also children), bring their original documents. In case of children travelling without the parents, official authorization must be shown.
Inform us the ages to get prices for children.
The transport from your hotel to the train station (or vice-versa) is not included.
This is a regular tour. What does it mean?
The transportation will be divided with other clients. The advantage of regular tours is that the costs for transportation and guide are divided and the price per person is a bit less than a private tour. In case you prefer the exclusive service of a private tour, see an option here.
If you are 60 years or older, student or are travelling with children, inform us the ages and if you are student in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking.
People who are 60 years or older and students with official identity: R$ 139
The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
This tour is done by a partner of Special Paraná.
See other tour options in Curitiba and surroundings in our website.
Book safely and be in good hands – see what our clients say about us.
Do you want to enjoy your time in Curitiba at most? Download the Curitiba Guide!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1