If you are 60 years or older, student or are travelling with children, inform us the ages and your student status in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
This is the most booked tour by Brazilians here:
- You will be picked up from your hotel or central address and back. The van will pick you up from 7:00 to 7:45 am and you should be back around 5:00 pm.
- Experience one of the world most famous rail tours in its most popular version! The tour includes the ticket from Morretes to Curitiba in tourist category! It has guide in Portuguese and includes a snack and one water or soda per person. The windows may be open. If you prefer English speaking guide, look for the options Cabin / Imperial / Standard Litorina or Luxury Train.
- Enjoy a regional lunch and taste “barreado” – a specialty of Paraná´s Coast. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. The meal also includes salad, fish and prawns (everything served separetely). In case you are vegetarian, vegar or celiac, please inform in your booking request.
- Visit Morretes and Antonina, two picturesque historical towns with their old houses, history and regional products (sugar cane spirit, candies and handcrafts).
- Learn about Paraná´s history during a visit to Hisgeopar, a hall where puppets show some particularities of our history from the indigenous inhabitants until the construction of Itaipu hydro power plant
- Return to Curitiba by mini-bus along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
- Know more about the history and curiosities about the visited places. The tour includes an official tour guide who speaks English/Portuguese.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the tourist category:
- This category has currently 22 cars. Most of them with 48 cushioned seats each and an aisle in the middle. The cars have a toilet.
- The railtour includes a specialized guide (Portuguese speaking) that tells the history and curiosities about the region and the railway.
- The onboard service includes a snack and one water or soda per person. Once during the trip other beverages are offered for purchasing, but in warmer days it might not be enought. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages, as long they fit a small backpack.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to choose the seats. They are numbered sequentially and you will see your seat numbers in your ticket.
Book this shared tour and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
7:00 to 7:45 – you will be picked up by the driver at your hotel or central address.
Meet the tour guide at the rail station and get the tickets and instructions for the tour.
8:15 – about 12:30 – rail tour to Morretes. Enjoy the landscapes during the tour.
Regional lunch in Morretes or Antonina and visit to these lovely small towns. Beverages and desserts during lunch are not included and will be charged separetely.
Visit also Hisgeopar to learn about our history.
Return to Curitiba along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
The driver will leave you at your hotel or address again.
Included services: shared transportation in mini-bus, guide in Portuguese, train ticket in the tourist category, snack and 1 water or soda, regional lunch and entrance fee at Hisgeopar.
Not included: beverages and dessert during lunch, gratuities, personal expenses, etc.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
Children until 3 years old: R$ 15,00 (no seat in the train)
Children from 4 to 5 years old: R$ 78,00 (no seat in the train)
Children from 6 to 12 years old: R$ 219,00
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that children bring their original documents or official copies with them. In case they travel without parents, a written, official authorisation is mandatory.
In case your hotel / adress is out of downtown area: an additional fee will be applied. Ask us.
This is a shared tour. What does it mean?
The transportation will be divided with other clients. You might pass by several hotels to pick up other travelers before the tour starts. It is not possible to inform exactly at what time the transportation will be at your hotel, so that the information at the description is “from”. Be ready at the given time to avoid delays for the group. The guide will divide his atenttion among all travellers and the group will share a table at the restaurant. The advantage of regular tours is that the costs for transportation and guide are divided and the price per person is a bit less than a private tour.
In case you prefer the exclusive service of a private tour, please contact us for a tailor-made offer.
If you are 60 years or older, student or are travelling with children, inform us the ages and if you are student in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking.
People who are 60 years or older and students with official identity: R$ 271
The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
This tour is done by a partner of Special Paraná.
See other tour options in Curitiba and surroundings in our website.
Book safely and be in good hands – see what our clients say about us.
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1