If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
A private tour with exclusive service for you!
- You will be picked up 7:45 from your hotel or central address. As it is a private tour, exclusive service and straight to the rail station.
- Before you board the train, the guide will explain you briefly the tour. There are guides who speak English, Spanish and German. Please inform your preferences in your booking request.
- Experience one of the world most famous rail tours in its most popular version! The tour includes the ticket from Morretes to Curitiba in tourist category! It has guide in Portuguese and includes a snack and one water or soda per person. The windows may be open. If you prefer English speaking guide, ask us for the available categories in the chosen date. With a supplement you might have English speaking guide on board too.
- Stroll in Morretes and Antonina with your guide and choose a restaurant for lunch. We suggest to enjoy a regional lunch and taste “barreado” – a specialty of Paraná´s Coast. It is a juicy beef stew served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. In case you are vegetarian, vegar or celiac, please inform in your booking request. Lunch is not included and you can eat where you prefer.
- Visit Morretes and Antonina, two picturesque historical towns with their old houses, history and regional products (sugar cane spirit, candies and handcrafts).
- Return to Curitiba by mini-bus along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
- Know more about the history and curiosities about the visited places. Your guide will be glad to tell you many things about our region.
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the tourist category:
- This category has currently 22 cars. Most of them with 48 cushioned seats each and an aisle in the middle. The cars have a toilet.
- The railtour includes a specialized guide (Portuguese speaking) that tells the history and curiosities about the region and the railway.
- The onboard service includes a snack and one water or soda per person. Once during the trip other beverages are offered for purchasing, but in warmer days it might not be enought. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages, as long they fit a small backpack.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to choose the seats. They are numbered sequentially and you will see your seat numbers in your ticket.
Book this tour and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
7:45 – you will be picked up by the driver at your hotel or central address by your driver-guide.
The guide will explain briefly the tour and then head to Morretes to wait for you there.
8:30 – about 12:30 – rail tour to Morretes. Enjoy the landscapes during the tour.
Time to visit Morretes and Antonina with our guide and pick a local restaurant for lunch.
Return to Curitiba along the Graciosa Road or BR-277 (it depends on the weather conditions).
The driver will leave you at your hotel or address again or at the airport if you prefer and previously agreed.
Included services: private transportation with a driver-guide (English, Spanish or German), train ticket in the tourist category, snack and 1 water or soda and regional lunch.
Not included: beverages and dessert during lunch, gratuities, personal expenses, etc.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that everybody (also children), bring their original documents. In case of children travelling without the parents, official authorization must be shown.
Inform us the ages to get prices for children.
In case your hotel / adress is out of downtown area: an additional fee will be applied. Ask us.
This is a private tour. What are the advantages for you?
Only you and your family/friends will take part on it. The guide and the transportation will be only for you. You will not need to wait for anyone else and you will not drive from one hotel to other to pick up other travelers. You will not share the tour with strangers. Talk to your guide about the itinerary and adapt it to your preferences. For example, if you want to change the tour itinerary and visit other places, it is possible, as long as it fits the tour duration and do not get out too much of the itinerary. In case you want to stay longer in a place you liked, you can do it too! Enjoy the most your leisure time by yourself or with the people you love, with exclusivity and the personal service you deserve!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: email@example.com – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1