If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
Independence for railway lovers with the charm of the 1930´s:
- Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world on board of the Cabin or Imperial categories! This option includes the return train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes (Cabin or Imperial cars) and back in the Cabin car. The tour guide on board speaks Portuguese/English and you will also have nice snacks and beverages. The railroad is truly a travel back in time. The ambiance of the train cars remind the past!
- The train departs at 8:15. It takes about 4:15 between Curitiba and Morretes. It starts from Morretes at 15:00 and arrives in Curitiba about 19:30. The track from Morretes to Curitiba will mostly be in the Cabin category (unless for technical issues).
- Know more about the history and curiosities of the area. You will have a tour guide in Portuguese/English on board, what will make your tour more interesting.
- Have time to enjoy Morretes on your own. We reccommend a stroll in the streets of this picturesque, quiet town and a regional lunch facing the Nhundiaquara river. Do not miss to taste barreado, a juicy beef stew served with cassava flour, rice and bananas.
- Book ahead and get your ticket at the train station in the tour date! Easy, comfortable and safe!
About the rail tour:
The rail road that links Curitiba to Morretes crosses the Serra do Mar mountain range. Its construction began 1880 and took only 5 years - a huge challenge by that time. The track begins at 934m above sea level and crosses the greatest conservation area for Atlantic Rain Forest in Brazil. This magnificent green area is considered one of the 5 richest biomas in the world.
The tour is quoted frequently by travel specialists worldwide as one of the most beautiful railways in the world! It is a contemplative tour and the guide on board explains the history about the construction and curiosities of the region.
The distance between Curitiba and Morretes is about 70 km and the rail tour takes about 4:15. You will see bridges, tunnels, rivers, cascades, canyons and the train dates from the 1960´s.
The speed is very slow and delays may occurr due to the cargo trains, that have prioriy and technical issues. Feel free to bring your own food and beverages (amount that fits your backpack).
There are several categories with different levels of confort and services included. You will find them in our website.
About the Cabin and Imperial cars:
- In this category you might be in a Cabin or Imperial car. As it will be confirmed according to availability and maintainance schedule, we can not guarantee which one, but you can inform your preferences.
- Cabin car: 6 cabins for 4 people each and 1 for 2 people. A privilege for only 26 travellers! The ones for 4 people have a central table – very good for families. The cabins are charming and remindo f the old trains from the past. Windows can be opened and a WC is available.
- Imperial car: a very charming ambiance with tables for 2 or 4 people each. Exclusivity for only 20 travellers! It was inspired in the former car-restaurants and reminds of the gold 1930´s. The ambiance was beautifully decorated and the windows may be opened. In this car there is no toilet in case of need, you might use the one from the next train car.
- The guide speaks Portuguese and English and will tell about the history and curiosities of the rail road and the region. The board service includes snacks served on a tray and beverages (water, soda and beer).
- A minimum number of 10 participants is necessary to confirm this category. In case it is not reached, you will be reallocated to another car and the price difference will be refunded if it happens to be a cheaper category.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to choose the seats. They are numbered sequentially and you will see your seat numbers in your ticket.
Book the train tickets with us and get at least 5% off in the private tours!
Train ticket in the Cabin / Imperial category from Curitiba to Morretes and back to Curitiba. The category from Morretes to Curitiba will be the Cabin.
Seats are numbered and booked sequentially. It is not possible to choose them.
Departure at 8:30 to Morretes.
Departure from Morretes at 15:00. Arrival in Curitiba about 19:30.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure at the rail station.
Included services: train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes (Cabin or Imperial) and back (cabin) with board service and Portuguese/English speaking guide.
Not included: transport to the rail station, lunch and personal expenses.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancelations may occurr due to logistical and technical issues. We do not reccommend to book this tour for arrival or departure date.
The cancelation of services by the buyer will occur fees in case of no-shows, transferences and cancelations or any other personal reasons that might prevent the buyer to take part in the tour or booked service. The mentioned fees follow rules and will be charged according to the expenses already made by the tour company:
ESPECIFICALLY FOR TOURS THAT INCLUDE RAIL TOUR
- Until 3 days prior to service date: 30% cancelation feee
- Less than 3 days prior to service date: 100% cancelation fee
IMPORTANT! It is mandatory that everybody (also children), bring their original documents. In case of children travelling without the parents, official authorization must be shown.
Until 5 years old: R$ 30,00 (without seat in the train and in the mini-bus)
6 to 12 years old: R$ 290,00
The price informed automatically corresponds to the one for children between 6 and 12 years old. If you travel with younger children, please inform it in the field “Special request” and we will adjust it manually before charging your credit card.
The transportation from your address to Serra Verde Express and back is not included in the ticket price. There are parking lots at the rail station, taxis and buses.
If you are 60 years or older or are travelling with children, inform us the ages in the field “Special request” for us to charge the correct amount in your booking. The amendments are made manually by our team. The credit card is charged only after the confirmation of the availability.
People who are 60 years or older: R$ 395
See other tour options in Curitiba and surroundings in our website.
Book safely and be in good hands – see what our clients say about us.
Do you want to enjoy your time in Curitiba at most? Download the Curitiba Guide!
Special Paraná Turismo Receptivo – Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 262 sala 5 – Curitiba – PR – 80020-000 - Brazil – Tel.: 55 41 3232 1314 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tourism Ministry Registration: 18.005869.10.0001-1